Due to the emergence of many laser hair removal machines that can be used at home, a lot of people are considering doing the laser hair removal at home to avoid paying the high prices at professional spas. Below is a comparison between having the laser hair removal at home vs having it done at the spa:
- Convenience: for a laser hair removal at home, you will be able to do it at your own time, unlike having the laser treatment at the spa where you have to book your appointment within the spa’s hours of operation.
- Cost: The cost of laser hair removal in a spa is quite high considering the number of sessions one has to attend before the treatment is completed. When laser hair removal is done at home, the initial cost of purchasing the laser machine will be high but it will be a long-term investment that will serve you for a long time.
- The strength of the laser machine: A professional laser hair removal machine is stronger than the home laser machine. As a result, laser hair removal in a spa will take a shorter time to complete that when you are having the laser hair removal done at home.
- Ease of use: A professional laser hair removal machine is easy to use as all you will need is the proper settings. For the home laser machines, you will have to keep moving your hand over the area that is being treated to feel if there is some hair that is remaining. If one is not careful, you may end up leaving some parts untouched and end up with patches.
- A professional laser hair removal machine can be used on any part of the body, unlike home laser machines which cannot be used on the face. You will have to incur some extra cost if you wish to have facial hair removed.
- Home laser hair removal machines are only made for light-skinned people. If you have a dark skin, you have no choice but to go for a professional laser hair removal treatment.
- When having the laser hair removal at home, you will not be able to reach every part of the body. You have to look for someone else to assist you and this may be risky if he does not know how to operate the machine. For professional laser hair removal treatment, the aesthetician will be able to reach every part of your body and ensure uniformity in the entire process.
- Home laser hair removal machines use less power and it will be difficult to cause any damage to the skin. A professional laser hair removal machine will require utmost caution when handling it as any wrong move may lead to severe damage to the skin due to the strong radiations that are emitted.
Considering all the above facts, laser hair removal at the spa that is operated by a professional is your best bet. You will be able to see results faster and the decision regarding the best laser machine to use that will work best for your skin type will lie with the professionals.